Barrel Zinc plating is the electrolytic deposition of pure zinc metal on conductive base metals, usually steel and cast iron. The zinc plating is applied anywhere from .0002”-.001” thick depending on customer requirements. After plating a chromate film is applied to enhance corrosion resistance and give the parts cosmetic finish. Barrel plating is a bulk process used for small parts that are can be tumbled without damage. The parts are contained in a polypropylene plating barrel with a lid and tumbled throughout the plating process. Barrel plating is an inexpensive way to apply plating to small parts, usually to fasteners, screw machine pieces, stampings, springs and wire forms.
Our processes include:
• Barrel Zinc Plate clear, ROHS compliant, per ASTM B633
• Barrel Zinc Plate yellow, ROHS compliant, per ASTM B633
• Barrel Zinc Plate yellow, non-ROHS compliant, per ASTM B633
• Barrel Zinc Plate black, non-ROHS compliant, per ASTM B633
• Barrel Zinc Plate olive drab, non-ROHS compliant, per ASTM B633